Gokhale Education Society was established on 19th February 1918, third death anniversary of Namdar Gopal Krishana Gokhale, by his illustrious disciple late Principal Trimbak Appa Kulkarni. The Society, which has always been managed by a team of dedicated teachers, has established many educational institions in both urban and rural areas. The Society has taken a keen interest in developing the weaker sections, the tribal people, the industrial labourers and agricultural classes, by starting many educational institutions at Nashik, Bordi, Talasari, Kosbad, Jawhar, Suryanagar, Sangamner, Girgaon, Borivili and Parel.
The Society runs more than 75 educational instiutions consisting of 15 Degree Colleges, 10 Junior Colleges, 3 Research Centres, 15 Secondary Schools, 15 Pre-Primary and Primary Schools and 23 other institutions (Including Hostels). The Society provides educational facilities to more than 1 Lakh students each year with the help, co-operation and inspiring involvement of about 3000 Teaching and Non – Teaching Staff members
A LEAD & QUALITY EDUCATIONAL ENTERPRISE
- Established in 1918. Ninety Five Years of Quality Service.
- Three Zones – Nashik, Mumbai & Thane with 17 Centres and 121 Institutions.
- 1,25,000 Pupiles, 4000 Staff, Current Budget Rs. 160 Crores.
- All Colleges and Schools are ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
- The Society is known for Students’ Discipline, Academic Excellence, Professional Competence and Innovative Programmes with a track record of Students and Staff achievements.
- Society’s Colleges have permanent affiliation and recognition for Ph.D. programmes.
- Internationally known for making Higher and Technical Education Entrepreneurial Innovative and Rewarding through this Nasik Centre (Certified at 44th International Conference- University of Twente, Netherland- Holland.
- Established First Agriculture School for Adivasis in India, 1920 at Bordi, Dist. Thane.
- Established First University based MBA Programme in India, 1968 at Nashik under POONA UNIVERSITY.
- First Krishi Vidynan Kendra in India, 1975 at Kosbad, Dist. Thane.
- First Vocationalisation of University Degree in India, 1983 at BYK College, Nasik.
- Pace Setting experiment at National level- Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd. – H.A.L-G.E.S. agreement for School & College Complex since 1970 at Ozar, Dist. Nasik.